In August of 2015, drummer John Rodrigue rounded out the lineup, and the band set out touring heavily, honing their ever-evolving and electrifying live show that is never the same as the night before. In May of 2016, they re-entered Welcome to 1979 Studio to begin work on their second studio album, Above the Horizon, this time with Wes Bailey (keyboardist for renowned band, MOON TAXI) in the producer role. The album is comprised of all original material written by all five members of the band. The album - from the artwork to the songs - continues to be widely acclaimed. MARADEEN is currently on tour all across the South and up the east coast.. from Louisiana to Vermont.
Key facts on MARADEEN:
- From thousands of entries, Bon Jovi chose MARADEEN as direct support for their sold out show at Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA on Feb 10, 2017.
- The name MARADEEN's inspiration is twofold: first: a sign for a greenway project in the Gulch lead by former Mayor Karl Dean. second: the word "meridian" meaning a point or period of highest development, greatest splendor, vigor, and success; pathway in the body along which vital energy is said to flow.
- MOON TAXI keyboardist Wes Bailey produced the new album Above The Horizon.
- Both of MARADEEN's albums were recorded at the historic, analog Welcome to 1979 Studio in West Nashville.
- MARADEEN has shared the stage with some of the greats: Bon Jovi, The Rhythm Devils (feat. Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart of the Grateful Dead), Todd Nance, Keller Williams, The Revivalists, Moon Taxi, Earphunk, Perpetual Groove, The Apache Relay, Bloodkin, and Colonel Bruce Hampton, to name a few.